Saturday 12 May 2012

Electric Boat Polisher

'Got a Polisher for the Boat? Try it out on the car'
Today should not have been so good. I bought an electric sander/polisher earlier in the week in the belief that whatever boat I end up with, she'll need polishing at least. Susan, suggested I get some practise on the machine and had me polish the car. It wasn't so bad so long as I was able to imagine it was a boat. So, not the best of days for a frustrated sailor - but then, I discovered words of encouragement from Michael, whose comments on my posts are always positive, thoughtful and upbeat. 

It was Michael who suggested I should visit a website called the 'Unlikely Boatbuilder' managed by John Almberg. If you haven't been there, I would highly recommend it. I spent a good deal of time there today and it is one of the most useful, informative and encouraging sites I have seen. You can imagine, my delight therefore when I discovered that John had taken the trouble to visit Simple Sailing Low Cost Cruising and make a few important comments on my posts. A real honour.

Another guy who has shown interest in my amateur efforts is  Mitch Zeissler who has a site called 'A Bone in its Teeth'. Well worth the visit for anyone with even the faintest interest in boating. Both these guys are experienced sailors and writers, I've a good deal to learn from them and I intend to take full advantage of their experience.

The other good news (for me) is that I have had my 1000th visitor to this site today. My first post was about six weeks ago. I don't know if that is good or bad in blog terms but it certainly encourages me to carry on.

Anyway, having seen what websites run by experienced bloggers look like there will be some changes here in the near future. One thing that won't change however, is my eternal gratitude for all the encouragement and sound advice I'm receiving from across the globe, It's good to know that goals can be achieved and that my project isn't an individual act of insanity.

Anyway the Polisher is a good one and not too heavy to use above your head (an important feature for polishing boat hulls) You can get one here:
DEWALT DWP849X 7-Inch/9-Inch Variable Speed Polisher with Soft Start (USA Readers)
DEWALT DWP849X Variable Speed Polisher 240V (UK Readers)




Seaward

No comments :

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome, advice is particularly sought, please try to stay on subject ( within reason)